Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Road Not Taken - Decision Making is "many thing"

2010 2010 !

This poem played in my mind out of middle of no where.

And it's one of my favourite poems of all time.

This's not a motivation post or whatsoever! Get enough of that! LOL!

"How many decisions you have to make each day?" So many. When you've many choices then sakit kepala more.


GOOGLE Road Not Taken always come out with this...


And then thought of putting this...since hot news is about the take-over of PLUS...LOL


But at last still like this most...Haha...I guess this kind of road wasn't there during Robert Frost's time :P


Read this for few time, trust me will get the real meaning inside ;-)



The Road Not Taken Robert Frost (1874–1963)



TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.



Many said communication skill is the key to success. Yes I do agree. But to me, decision making is somehow more important.

Who we are today are the result of decisions made 3 years back. Choices we make today will decide who we are tomorrow.

We Cannot Want ALL. When you gain something, you sure will lose something.

It's always about making decisions. And make a right one.

A girl chooses over 2 boys (vice versa :P)? STPM or College? To go to WAR? Build 100-stories Tower or not? Work or resign? 1 or 2? YES or NO?

Chinese idiom is very true also 一失足成千古恨. A wrong decision might bring disaster.

Whatever it's, be willing to make decision. If you know more ways to make effective decision, do share with me too! ;-)


with L.O.V.E.
Wilson

1 comment:

Charlene C. said...

Gosh it's been long time since I heard of this poem. Now I read it, I get what it means and i know how it applies to me, to us to everyone. Never really understand them during high school:P

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin