I watched this last weekend and just wanna share some thoughts here.
It's a 13-PG movie for brief strong language and thematic elements; run time 2 hour 16 min.
"Wow! The movie is so long, money never sleeps but audiences sleep?" See joked to us.
Yes, it's the movie title and curiosity that attract the audiences.
It's Wall Street. The place for the top finance professionals, fund managers, bankers, investors and etc.
It's all about Money. Who's not interested in $?
If doctors save patient life, then these finance people are related to everyone's life.
A financial-crisis like 2008's turned millions to be jobless overnights. Many committed suicide. Economics stagnant. Less fund to the schools and hospitals. Less roads were built. Scholarships cut down. Etc.
This movie is too serious. It's not a good movie if you don't like what's behind. Certainly will feel bored. Go for Avatar or Transformers if you want to watch high-tech, or Resident Evil for an action movie.
This movie is showing reality. The reality of life.
Here I share my 10 best quotes in the movie.
1. Greed is good and now it's legal!
2. If it weren't for people who took risks, where would we be in this world?
3. Money is a bitch who never sleeps, and if you don't keep an eye on her, then you wake up in the morning and she's gone
4. It's easy to get in - it's hard to get out.
5. How about you stop telling lies about me and I will stop telling the truth about you
6. The one thing I learned in jail is that money is not the prime asset in life. Time is
7. There's so much you don't know
8. It's not about the money - It's about the game
9. A lot of stuff has changed since the 1980's
10. You wanna know what the mother of all bubbles was? Us. The human race.